This husband wanted to choose friends over family.
Think of the joy the parents are feeling as they welcome their first child into the world. The event is the best memory of their lives, according to them. Having children is like finding paradise. Making one and caring for it after it’s born is much simpler than giving birth to one. Yes, you would not believe how challenging it is for a mother to carry a child to term and give birth. To give birth successfully, she will need her husband’s full support, so he should be prepared to be by her side throughout the entire process. For the first time, it’s a legitimately nerve-wracking experience. Not having your husband there for such a momentous occasion is unacceptable. Neither did her partner, and neither did she accept it.
In our story today, the expecting mother desperately needed her husband’s help and comfort as the day of the birth of their first child approached. Her husband’s long-planned trip with his buddies, however, coincided with her due date. The OP begged her husband to stay home, but he insisted on going anyway. She eventually made a post about it on r/AITA. She wondered if she had been unreasonable in hoping that her husband would call off the trip.
Just keep scrolling down to read the whole thing!
1. OP does make herself sound like she did the wrong thing with that title but wait till you read the whole story.
2. You just hate when a highly anticipated plan keeps getting postponed.
3. Now that the trip gets a green flag, the dates of the husband’s trip collide with his wife’s due date.
4. OP explains how she wants her husband to be there when the time comes as he is the only family she has got.
5. But the husband insisted on proceeding with the trip instead of being with her during the time of delivery.
6. Her husband has a son who she doesn’t plan on caring for after getting back home from the hospital.
7. Imagine how insensitive this would’ve felt to the wife.
8. OP didn’t want to ruin her husband’s adventure that was 4 years in the making but she also wanted him to be there on “their” big day with her. So she leaves the matter to the community of AITA.
Not for this reason would I ever call OP on the AH. She is completely safe at this point. The husband’s presence alone can help calm the mother-to-be even though he plays no role in the actual birthing process. She is overjoyed and proud that the couple will welcome their child into the world as a family. It’s natural to feel sad upon learning that your husband will be absent on that special day.
After getting married, it’s normal for one’s priorities to shift, even if one’s best friends remain important. A person’s family should be their top priority, in my opinion.
Here are some of the responses to the story:
9. OP got suggested getting a divorce.
10. I am sorry sir but this is not how marriages work.
11. It was a touching story.
12. The husband was declared selfish and an AH for his attitude towards his pregnant wife.
Please tell me you found this entertaining. Don’t be shy about voicing your opinion in the space provided below.
Stay tuned for more stories.
Guy Is Afraid Of Going To His Parents’ House While His Sister’s Dog Is There Due To Dog Hair In His Food
Everyone loves dogs, right? Many people make this claim, and most of the time it is accurate. When it comes...
Disney Characters Are Perfectly Transformed Into “Sex and the City” Characters
Reimagined Disney couples What if the Disney universe included scenes of sex and urban life? Have you ever thought about...
A filmmaker saved Doggo and treated his terrible mange.
The famous Taktsang Palphug Monastery, better known as The Tiger's Nest, is in Bhutan, and animal activist and filmmaker Tim...
Beautiful and Touching Images Of Animals Before And After Adoption
Adopting an animal is a big responsibility. You're making yourself in charge of and accountable for another life, and since...
Ten or more occasions where cats and dogs helped Airbnb guests live their best lives
These visitors certainly did not anticipate this. I normally don't like surprises, but I wouldn't mind waking up to a...