When the condo he was renting was purchased, his roommate couldn’t contain his elation. Holding a bottle of champagne and a broad grin on her face, she exclaimed her joy at being free of her rent obligations. She realised that it was time to start actively seeking out a new place to call home. To find out if he was wrong to “evict” his roommate, u/Tombanel posted the thread to the popular Reddit community r/AITA (Am I the A-Hole). People decided in a decisive way, saying they didn’t think he was to blame.
She thought at once that she wouldn’t have to worry about rent. asked the well-informed plant some probing questions. “Why? We would have discussed whether I should continue renting from you or whether I should look elsewhere. You gave her a lot of leeway to look for a new place, and you even offered to assist her. NTA”
According to sucksatchess666, “I am disturbed that Caitlin’s first thought was that she would live rent-free.” That’s a very spoiled attitude. Is that why she asked if you got it for free?
Depending on the severity of her financial situation, you could offer to help her look for a place to live, pay for movers, etc. You shouldn’t feel guilty about doing what you know is best for you, but you also have no right to keep her as a roommate. Many happy returns in your new digs! NTA.”
Read on to see for yourself by clicking the link in the sentence.
1. The roommate thought she would live rent-free when OP bought the condo
2. When OP told Caitlin that she would have to move out, she got offended and said she expected to stay there. OP asks what to do as she told Caitlin that she would have to move out
3. Here’s an edit for those who don’t understand some particular things
4. This is hilarious to asume things yourself and not a clear important matter
5. Some people are incredibly entitled and there is little you can do about it.
6. It is clearly an NTA case. I really feel sorry for OP
7. No one should ever expect someone to do something out of their way
8. It is true that OP should also have talked things through with her before buying the condo
9. NTA, hence proved
10. True that
11. Do you agree with this statement?
Give me your thoughts on this. There’s more to come.
People were shocked 17 times when they realised they weren’t staying at a regular hotel.
The ideal kind of shock. A hotel stay can be a memorable experience. The location of each hotel makes it...
Kit Harington Makes a Comeback on TV in the “Gunpowder” Trailer
According to the Season 7 finale of "Game of Thrones," Jon Snow may have left for distant regions, but Kit...
40 Pictures Of The Cutest Golden Retriever Puppies
Are you still debating which dog to adopt? An lovely golden retriever dog would be nice. Golden retrievers are typically...
You Can’t Argue: Guy Explicates in Great Detail Why Jenny from Forrest Gump Is The Most Misunderstood Character
Jenny is a familiar name because to Forrest Gump. If you've spent your entire existence in a cave and have...
The Low Cost Cosplay Guy Who Is Beating All Other Cosplayers Has Created 36 Hilarious Creations.
The Low Cost Cosplay Guy makes amusing costumes on a tight budget. Thailand's Bangkok is home to cosplayer Anucha "Cha"...